My car has been giving me fits for about a month now, and because of it my time has been reduced to snapping not taking snaps. That is one of the reasons I haven’t posted here as much as I would liked to. For a little bit of back story on my car woes: I talked to the previous owner and he said the repair shop he had looked at it for him said the cylinder head had to be removed to fix it. This issue I was unaware of at the time I got the car but it was given to me so I cannot complain about that. Yet my solution around this problem* was not sufficient as the problem continued to worsen.
At this point I took it to another repair shop for a second opinion. They told me there was a huge vacuum leak and I needed to take it to a shop who specialized in engine work. As the husband of a nursing student that was not an option. So instead I looked at videos of how to do the repair myself. What I saw in the videos did not line up with the gloom-and-doom stories I was told. So after looking at the car one night after work I found and fix it, well this problem at least, for under $4.00. The problem was about as big as a Lady Bug but not as pretty.
*( I unhooked the negative cable about an hour before I drove the car. This reset the ECU an TCM and fooled them into thinking there were no problems, aka codes.)